Engaging the broader community is vital to the success of the Third Crossing. Below is an overview of our communication and engagement on the project through many different channels such as near-neighbour meetings, news releases, e-newsletter and other methods.
- May 1: Issued an e-newsletter informing residents about extended work hours, boater season information and May work activity
View the Third Crossing Communication and Engagement report for April
- April 1: New drone footage showcasing March construction progress
- Apr 17: New aerial footage showcases the work achieved in just under four months of in-water construction
View the Third Crossing Communication and Engagement report for March
- Mar 3: Issued an e-newsletter about upcoming construction activity throughout March
- Mar 6: Sent an email to residents on the east shore listserv about changes to design in the noise fence
- Mar 24: Project team updated council with an information report on updates around construction activities, communications and engagement and what's next.
- Mar 27: Issued an e-newsletter informing residents about the project's current response to COVID-19 and precautions being taken
View the Third Crossing Communication and Engagement report for February
- Feb 5: St. Lawrence College placement student started for a six-week internship with the Third Crossing project team
- Feb 12: Contractor for construction, Kiewit, attended the annual Kingston Construction Association breakfast as an opportunity to connect with local companies and hear about upcoming construction projects
- Feb 18: Released a new drone video highlighting work accomplished on both shores of the project, including building a temporary rock causeway and wildlife passages. View the video
- Feb 24: Dan Franco from the project team presented at the International Right of Way Association conference about the project, the delivery model, construction methods and design.
View the Third Crossing Communication and Engagement report for January
- Jan 8: E-newsletter about January lookahead for construction activity
- Jan 28: New video with Kiewit Project Manager explaining some of the work happening on the west shore
- Jan 31: E-newsletter about February construction activities