View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for December
- December 11, 2018: An e-newsletter was sent out to Third Crossing subscribers as an update to early work activities.
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for November
- November 2, 2018: Queen's University meeting with Geo-Engineering students as part of "Geocolloquim"
- November 21, 2018: Third Crossing team members joined a panel about the Advanced Procurement Practice
- November 22, 2018: Meeting with No Third Crossing Group
- November 26, 2018: Closing of the planned road work and Third Crossing survey
- Launch of a new video about early work activity
- Launch of new video about plans for the Third Crossing
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for October
- October 4, 2018: Meeting with the No Third Crossing Group
- October 18, 2018: Launch of planned road work and Third Crossing survey
- October 23, 2018: East side near neighbours community information drop-in meeting about early work activity
- October 23, 2018: Meeting with Kingston Rowing Club
- October 24, 2018: West side near neighbours community information drop-in meeting about early work activity
- October ongoing: Continuing Q&A on City of Kingston Get Involved page so residents can ask questions of the Third Crossing project team
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for September
- September 4, 2018: Information report to Council about grant funding and procurement. (link to council report)
- September 19, 2018: River Park condo board meeting
- September 20, 2018: Presentation at Queen's University Civil Engineering Forum by Brian Norcliffe, Project Manager at Kiewit
- September 27, 2018: Industry Open House for Civil Engineering Department at Queen's University
- August 23 - ongoing through September: Q&A on the City of Kingston's Get Involved page
- August 23, 2018: Launch of public engagement page on the City's Get Involved page. The project team encourages residents to ask questions and read questions that have already been posted. Find out more and post questions on the Third Crossing Ask A Questions page.
- August 22, 2018: Public media event for announcing successful team of Peter Kiewit Sons ULC (Kiewit), Hatch Ltd. (Hatch) and SYSTRA International Bridge Technologies (SYSTRA) as the preferred proponent for the detailed design and building of the Third Crossing project.
- August 8, 2018 – Community event attending Kingston East Business Association Party in the Park
- July 16, 2018: Community information session and question session for east-side residents at the Kingston Frontenac Public Library
- June 22, 2018: The Third Crossing microsite went live to the public.
- May 1, 2018: Council delegate to staff administrative and contractual authority with respect to property acquisition for the Third Crossing.
- February 21, 2018: Mark Gerretsen, Member of Parliament for Kingston and Islands, announced that Infrastructure Canada will contribute $60 million – its one-third share of the funding – toward building the Third Crossing. This funding, along with that contributed by the province and the City, enables the City to begin work to build this bridge over the Cataraqui River. Construction is expected to begin in 2019. Watch the video from the announcement.
- June 13, 2017: Ontario Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca announced The province would pledge up to $60 million to fund the third crossing.
Engagement from 2009 through to December 31, 2017
Phases one through three of the City's Third Crossing Action Plan have successfully been completed. These include: the provincial Environmental Assessment, Business Case, and Preliminary Design. (link to the Info Centre page here on all those words)
These phases included comprehensive communication and engagement programs from stakeholder meetings to public open houses to social media engagement. View the complete list of previous consultations, including the City's Public Engagement Feedback Report (June 2017). (link to the Info Centre on the microsite page here)