For all previous newsletters sent out to subscribers you can view them on our newsletter page.
July 7: Hand delivered notices to Skyline Apartments about relocation of their driveway
- July 10: Overview of what we heard and how the project team responded to residents at the June 25 east side near-neighbour meeting.
- July 10: Overview of what we heard and how the project team responded to residents at the June 26 west side near-neighbour meeting
- July 15: E-newsletter to near-neighbour presentations available from the June 25 & June 26 meetings
- July 19: Notification to east side email list about closure of Point St. Mark Drive starting Aug 6 for the duration of the project
- July 23: Notification to west side email list about installation of noise fence on west side starting Aug 6
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for June
- June 12: E-newsletter and news release about installation of turtle fencing
- June 13: Notification to nine properties about noise fence being installed on Gore Rd.
- June 14: E-newsletter about June 25 & 26 near neighbour meetings
- June 17: Presentation to SPEAKingston. View the presentation
- June 21: Notification to Riverpark condo and east side listserv about upcoming work and follow-up emails
- June 25: East side near neighbour meeting. View the presentations slides
- June 26: West side near neighbour meeting. View the presentation slides
- June 26: Notification to Skyline apartments about relocation of their driveway south of John Counter Boulevard
- May 1: Issued a newsletter about installing bat houses on the east shore
- May 3: Hand delivered a work notification to Skyline Living about fence removal and installation at lots 612 and 630 JCB
- May 21: CBC Ontario Morning interview with fish and wildlife biologist Caleb Coughlin talking about bat houses installed as part of the project. Listen now
- May 28: Hand delivered notification of utility work notifications to houses west of Ascot Lane along JCB
- April 8: Riverpark condo board meeting: Met with Riverpark board to discuss noise mitigation for properties whose backyards are along John Counter Boulevard
- April 9: Skyline work notice delivered to inform about upcoming fence removal near their property
- April 9: contributed to RiverPark community newsletter
- April 10: Contributed to Kingston Field Naturalist newsletter about upcoming early work and environmental considerations
- April 15: Project director, Mark Van Buren, presented to a tech class at Regiopolis-Notre Dame Catholic High School
- April 23: Email to east side listserv about April 30 meeting with east side near neighbours for noise mitigation in back properties
- April 25: Project director, Mark Van Buren, presented to two geography classes at Regiopolis-Notre Dame Catholic High School
- April 30: Two meetings with east side near neighbours whose backyards are along Gore Rd.
- April 30: Contribution to Kingston Field Naturalist newsletter
- March 5: East side near neighbour meeting discussing findings from early work in the fall, upcoming site work, including tree management plan, site mobilization, site safety, and more. View the presentation
- March 6: Project team staff spoke at the River Park board meeting and went through the latest information on laydown areas, early work studies and next steps.
- March 7: Project staff met with the Chamber of Commerce to update them about early work activity
- March 8: An e-newsletter was issued informing residents the latest near-neighbour project team presentations are now available on the website as well as notes from the east side meeting on March 5
- March 18: An East Shore Work Notice was sent out to the east side listserv explaining work activity that will start the week of March 25 along Gore Road and near the Kingston Frontenanc Public Library (Pittsburg Branch).
- March 18: A West Shore Work Notice for Skyline Living was hand delivered to the apartment building advising residents of upcoming work in the area.
- March 22: An e-newsletter was issued asking residents to sign up for an east or west shore targeted email list about upcoming work activity. To join a newsletter email the project team.
- March 27: Presentation to Imagine Kingston about the project and upcoming work
March 29: Work notification to Skyline Living bout periodic road closures
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for February
- February 11: West-side near-neighbour meeting to discussing findings from early work in the fall, upcoming site work, including a tree management plan, site mobilization, site safety, and more. View the presentation.
- February 13: Mark Van Buren, project director, spoke at a construction forecast event providing updates on upcoming planned construction projects, including the Third Crossing
- February 12: An e-newsletter was sent out about east side near neighbour meeting being postponed due to weather
- February 22: An e-newsletter was sent out with a rescheduled date of March 5 for an east side near neighbour meeting
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for January
- January 12: Updates on the bridge design were presented to the public .The new rendering represents a draft concept still being refined. More images will be available once the final design has been complete.
- January 22: Project staff attended the Riverpark Condo Board Annual General meeting
- January 29: An e-newsletter was sent out about early work continuing and save the date for a near neighbour meeting
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for December
- December 11: An e-newsletter was sent out to Third Crossing subscribers as an update to early work activities.
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for November
- November 2: Queen's University meeting with Geo-Engineering students as part of "Geocolloquim"
- November 21: Third Crossing team members joined a panel about the Advanced Procurement Practice
- November 22: Meeting with No Third Crossing Group
- November 26: Closing of the planned road work and Third Crossing survey
- Launch of a new video about early work activity
- Launch of new video about plans for the Third Crossing
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for October
- October 4: Meeting with the No Third Crossing Group
- October 18: Launch of planned road work and Third Crossing survey
- October 23: East side near neighbours community information drop-in meeting about early work activity
- October 23: Meeting with Kingston Rowing Club
- October 24: West side near neighbours community information drop-in meeting about early work activity
- October ongoing: Continuing Q&A on City of Kingston Get Involved page so residents can ask questions of the Third Crossing project team
View the Third Crossing Communications and Engagement report for September
- September 4: Information report to Council about grant funding and procurement. (link to council report)
- September 19: River Park condo board meeting
- September 20: Presentation at Queen's University Civil Engineering Forum by Brian Norcliffe, Project Manager at Kiewit
- September 27: Industry Open House for Civil Engineering Department at Queen's University
- August 23 - ongoing through September: Q&A on the City of Kingston's Get Involved page
- August 23: Launch of public engagement page on the City's Get Involved page. The project team encourages residents to ask questions and read questions that have already been posted. Find out more and post questions on the Third Crossing Ask A Questions page.
- August 22: Public media event for announcing successful team of Peter Kiewit Sons ULC (Kiewit), Hatch Ltd. (Hatch) and SYSTRA International Bridge Technologies (SYSTRA) as the preferred proponent for the detailed design and building of the Third Crossing project.
- August 8: Community event attending Kingston East Business Association Party in the Park
- July 16: Community information session and question session for east-side residents at the Kingston Frontenac Public Library
- June 22: The Third Crossing microsite went live to the public.
- May 1: Council delegate to staff administrative and contractual authority with respect to property acquisition for the Third Crossing.
- February 21: Mark Gerretsen, Member of Parliament for Kingston and Islands, announced that Infrastructure Canada will contribute $60 million – its one-third share of the funding – toward building the Third Crossing. This funding, along with that contributed by the province and the City, enables the City to begin work to build this bridge over the Cataraqui River. Construction is expected to begin in 2019. Watch the video from the announcement.
- June 13: Ontario Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca announced The province would pledge up to $60 million to fund the third crossing.
Engagement from 2009 through to December 31, 2017
Phases one through three of the City's Third Crossing Action Plan have successfully been completed. These include: the provincial Environmental Assessment, Business Case, and Preliminary Design. (link to the Info Centre page here on all those words)
These phases included comprehensive communication and engagement programs from stakeholder meetings to public open houses to social media engagement. View the complete list of previous consultations, including the City's Public Engagement Feedback Report (June 2017). (link to the Info Centre on the microsite page here)